Our Kindercare Pediatrics Doctors in the Media – The 2013 Review
2013 saw some interesting media appearances by a number of our Kindercare Pediatrics doctors. Below is a short review:
Dr. Zainab Abdurrahman published this important paper in Allergy, Asthma, and Clinical Immunology entitled ‘Experiencing a first food allergic reaction: a survey of parent and caregiver perspectives’. Some media responses can be read/heard here, here, here, and here.
Dr. Sydney Leibel was quoted in the Globe and Mail following the release of the newly published guidelines recommending not to hold back on introducing allergenic foods to young infants.
Dr. Daniel Flanders appeared in this season’s premier of CBC’s The Fifth Estate entitled The Secrets of Sugar (you can watch it here).
Dr. Flanders was also quoted on a number of topics in the following blogs and magazines:
- In Today’s Parent – PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections) – December 2013 Edition
- In Pharmacy Practice – Tips For Assessing and Managing Low Milk Supply During Breastfeeding – Nov 2013 Edition
- In Parents Canada – Helping Your Baby Through The Cold Season – October 2013 Edition
- In The Trauma & Mental Health Report
- Dr. Mom & Dad: Online Databases and the (Mis)Treatment of ADHD – August 2013
- To Share or Not to Share (The Family Bed) – Aug 2013
- In Psychology Today – Battle of the Wills: Who Controls Mealtime? – May 2013